Tuesday, January 22, 2013

5.2 mile walk to Baker Beach

So for the first time in several months we were able to cross the creek, and hike up Baker Beach.  We found this 5 gallon container full of something.  Tsunami debris? maybe, I've reported it to the proper authorities.



My neighbor spots the dead whale.  We knew it was up there, but haven't been able to get to it, not that I really wanted to see it.  But as long as I'm there -  I had to look.

 Doesn't look much like a whale anymore - the birds have been doing a job on it.


Just past the whale another blue container, this one didn't have any kind of a label.


This is the stump, that's our 2 1/2 mile landmark, we knew once we reached it we had to turn back.  This thing is gigantic, but has been half buried since mid-summer. Great walk, fantastic weather, and interesting stuff to look at.




2 1/2 mile stump

No comments: